View our API Documentation
- specification-driven permitting consumer driven contracts and multi-version management
- serverless so you can write just your routines and run using any and all configurable platforms
- where the microservice is the unit of development, delivery and management
- a full multitenant, partitionable DevOps platform because modern microservice delivery is continuous
- an extensible, polyglot framework providing circuit breaking, self-documenting APIs and explicit routine services
- an infrastructure pluggable for many major microservice platforms (eventually…)
Demonstrated Practices and Technologies
Jali also demonstrates state of the art development practices and technologies.
- Team site
- Team blog and twitter feed that communicate direction and announce changes.
Project site with integrated [api documentation][jali-site-api]
- Includes innovative use of the TypeScript compiler to build, test, and generate example documentation that are known to function.
- List of architectural principles governing development practices
- GitHub-integrated project management using ZenHub
- Detailed GitHub-integrated issue template with clear instructions
- Work Item integrated release GitHub notes
- Tools that integrate with GitHub’s protected branch
status checks to document and enforce that
software meets compliance checks. Example: PR #88
- Automated Contributor License Agreement (CLA) compliance
- Package license and security compliance
- Code quality compliance enforcement using static code analysis (includes ignored errors, duplicate code, code complexity and linting)
Developer Experience (DX)
- Use of Configuration Management tools to provide consistent
- Only Vagrant, VirtualBox, and Chef tools need to installed to stand up a consistent graphical Ubuntu 16.04 development environment across all operating systems.
- Guest development environment provides the full range of tools needed, including Docker, NodeJS, Visual Studio Code, sphinx for Jekyll-based documentation, etc.
Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery (CI/CD)
- GitHub PR integrated Continuous Integration (CI) service ensures only successfully build code gets merged into the master branch
- GitHub integrated Automated Dependency Management for NPM project dependencies
NodeJS Development Techniques
monorepo-style projects that use
scoped npm packages
- Like angular
- Supports projects using TypeScript, ES6 modules, or NodeJS-style modules
npmas a task runner
- webpack 2 (wikipedia) NodeJS module loader